Japanese Watercress Salad with Future Fresh Watercress
- 6 cups Future Fresh Watercress
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, or use pure maple syrup or sugar for a vegan version
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- pinch salt
- Bring a medium size pot of water (about 6 cups), salted with 1 tablespoon kosher salt, to boil.
- Put the peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and mirin in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Rinse the watercress, drain and separate the leaves from the stems.
- Roughly chop the stems and add to the boiling water along with the leaves. Cook until the stems are tender but yielding a soft crunch (about 2-3 minutes).
- Drain, rinse under cold water and softly squeeze out excess water. Gently pat the watercress dry with a paper towel and add to a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the watercress and toss until the watercress is evenly coated.
More from: Salad