Make this Recipe with our
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, (50g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fat cloves of garlic crushed
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 pack Future Fresh Baby Kale
- 250 g spaghetti (3 ½ cups) dry weight
- 1 large handful of fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup finely grated vegetarian parmesan cheese (30g) + more for serving
- 1 large unwaxed lemon, zest and juice + lemon wedges for serving
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until they are golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil then cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain your pasta, but let the colander sit over the pasta saucepan so you collect some of that pasta water, you just need about a tablespoon.
- Slowly heat the olive oil in a large saute pan, add the crushed garlic and whole peppercorns and cook gently for 5 minutes over a low to medium heat. The oil should be bubbling around the garlic. Do not let the garlic burn. Fish out the garlic after 3- 5 minutes, leave the peppercorns in the oil.
- Add the kale to the olive oil and gently saute until the kale has turned bright green and is slightly wilted.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and salt and cook for a minute.
- Now add in the pine nuts, parmesan and the water from the pasta. Stir over a medium heat for about two minutes.
- Add the pasta to the kale then add the parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Toss gently then serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan, some lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice if you wish and some freshly cracked black pepper.