- FUTURE FRESH FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced1
- teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a small food processor combine parsley and walnuts. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and, if desired, cayenne pepper. Process until combined. Add oil; cover and process until well combined and nearly smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
Use immediately or transfer pesto to a bowl and cover the surface of the pesto with plastic wrap. Chill up to 2 days.
- Makes 1 cup (16, 1-tablespoon servings)
Recipe by FRESH FOOD BITES