- 2 packs Future Fresh Green Bell Pepper
- 1 pack Future Fresh Salad Tomato, diced
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage or any sausage you like1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white rice uncooked
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ cups marinara sauce divided
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the tops off the peppers, set aside the tops for later. Remove seeds and membranes and discard.
Chop remaining tops of the peppers as additional filling.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook peppers 5 minutes. Remove and drain well.
In a large skillet, brown beef, sausage, onion & garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Stir in the diced tomatoes, rice, 1 ¼ cup water, diced pepper tops, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Cook 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. You can add more water if needed. Stir in ½ cup marinara sauce.
Place 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Fill each pepper with the rice mixture. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over peppers.
Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil, baste peppers with any sauce in the bottom. Top with cheddar and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.