Zucchini Soup with Future Fresh Genovese Basil
- In a medium pot, heat oil over med-high heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Add chopped garlic, turn heat to medium-low, and continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes, until garlic is fragrant and golden.
- Add sliced zucchini and water ( or stock), salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat, cover, turn the heat down to med-low, and simmer 15 minutes, giving a stir halfway through.
- After 15 minutes check to see that zucchini is translucent and fork-tender. Blend in batches until very smooth, adding the fresh basil directly into the blender with the soup–being careful to cover blender lid with a kitchen towel, holding down firmly, to prevent a blender explosion. See note.
- Return to the pot. Stir in vinegar, adjust salt if necessary.
- Serve in bowls, garnish with basil ribbons. For extra richness add a swirl of plain yogurt or sour cream.
Don't know where to buy GENOVESE BASIL? Order HERE